Nikon announces product and presenter line-up for this year’s Photokina (15.09.2012)
Nikon will once again be the premier booth at Photokina, bringing the theme ‘I AM Life’ to the world’s leading imaging show. Its spectacular booth in Hall 2.2 at the Koelnmesse, will give visitors their first chance to get hands-on access to Nikon’s newly released products.
Alongside its full product range will be its recently announced:
- Nikon D600 – Nikon’s affordable and light full frame D-SLR camera.
- COOLPIX S800c – the ‘social camera’ is powered by an Android™ operating system and connects to the Internet via Wi-Fi. It has all the photography features you need to make sure you never again have to choose between an instant upload and getting a quality image worth sharing.
- Nikon 1 family (with new Nikon 1 J2 and lenses) – its astonishing speed and clever, never-before-seen photography features helped Nikon’s first compact system camera become the biggest selling model in its category across Europe. The new Nikon 1 J2 and slim lens range introduces even more creative options and stylish accessories to help you stay one click ahead
Also on show will be Nikon’s flagship cameras:
- Nikon D4 – designed to push the limits and realize every shooting opportunity, the professional FX-format camera brings new levels of image quality, speed and precision to both still photography and video.
- Nikon D800 – the groundbreaking 36.3 megapixel FX-format professional D-SLR is designed to deliver unprecedented levels of depth and detail.
At the core of the Nikon booth will be a giant multimedia ‘heart’, which booth visitors can interact with through the day, and a huge I AM Nikon video screen and presentation area will provide a backdrop. Nikon Europe has assembled some of the world’s finest photographers and filmmakers, to introduce their work, educate, entertain and inspire visitors. Their presentations will be taking place throughout the day on a variety of topics in both English and German. A full schedule of their presentations is available on Nikon’s Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/NikonPhotokina
On the first day of the show, 18 September, Nikon will introduce a very special keynote speaker, Jason Levine, Principal Worldwide Evangelist, Video Tools at Adobe Systems. He will be giving visitors to the stand his view on the video capabilities of the D-SLR market.
Other presenters speaking at the Nikon booth are:
- Expert nature photographer, Florian Schulz, will be explaining how Nikon’s D600 can be used to create breathtaking wildlife photography.
- Filmmakers Sandro Miller and Anthony Arendt will be looking behind the scenes of their Nikon D800 ‘Joy Ride’ video, capturing a six-minute thrill ride through the streets of Chicago.
- Danie van Jaarsveld will show how the incredibly fast Nikon 1 is used in motor sports photography, where speed is of the essence.
- Corey Rich, one of the most recognized adventure and outdoor lifestyle visual storytellers, will discuss the making of his “WHY” video, filmed exclusively on the Nikon D4.
- Renowned adventure photographer, Rainer Eder, will demonstrate how he uses the Nikon D4 to capture hair-raising images.
- Ursula Meissner will offer her experience on using the Nikon D800 to create beautiful reportage photography.
- Award winning pet photographer, Carli Davidson, will be explaining how beginners and pros can create interesting images of their furry friends with the entry-level D3200 and flagship pro-camera, the Nikon D4.
Photokina is open to the public between 10am and 6pm from 18 to 23 September. Further information and a full schedule of speakers will be available on Nikon’s Facebook fan page www.facebook.com/iamnikon. Follow the action on Twitter @nikonphotokina or visit the I AM Nikon blog www.blog.IAMNikon.com for videos and interviews with the presenters.
 Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
 GFK: NIKON1 J1 Best-selling compact system camera in Europe 2012 YTD